I am currently eating a pita with some wonderful Hummus. Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and Artichoke and Garlic Hummus.
I really like hummus, but as I have talked about eating it today at work, a few noses have skrinkled up in disgust. Some people are telling me it’s a “texture” thing. I also like tapioca,the wierd little noodly things that make great pudding and thicken stuff. But Rob, he would
skrinkle up his nose at tapioca and he told me once, it was a “texture” thing.
Another favorite of mine is flan. Yeah, Rob doesn’t like flan either, in fact, he always calls it “flem”, ew! I LOVE flan, so I gloriously slurp up the liquidy custard textured desert with great glee as I gaze into Rob’s skrinkled nose – disgusted looking face. It’s a wierd fun thing to do!
I must say, though, as much as I think it’s wierd that “textures” like the ones above wierd some people out, I do have my own list.
- Chicken grissle – I’ll gag and spit it out
- Steak grissle – same as above
- Elk/Deer or other gamey meat. Nope, not for me. I tried once, I let it marinade, made stew and “pretended” to my family that it was beef…took one bite and said, “Hey – let’s order pizza!” It’s stringy and icky to me.
- Liver – It was a sick person who decided it should be ever served as food
- Beets – they are supposed to stay in the ground. Just enjoy their pretty leaves and let them be.
- Rocky Mountain Oysters – sick it….I’d have to be tortured to eat them.
- Runny squash – I was forced to eat this in school growing up. I’m an adult now, I just say NO!
Those are just a few of my texture/taste issues. What are yours?