Well, at least it’s snowing again today! 🙂 I keep saying that around the office today and people just sigh….
I am always teased for being the eternal optimist. Believe me, I do get discouraged sometimes (just ask Rob), but a very wise woman (my mom) modeled for me over the years that there really is something good to see in every situation. It’s not always easy to uncover it, but it’s always there. 🙂 It requires a choice to look on the bright side of things, but it’s rewarding to live with a positive outlook… and what a cool thing that because of what Jesus did for us that NO MATTER WHAT in life, we have so many things to give thanks for every day and to be encouraged by…I heard somewhere the other day that someone begins their day, every single day, before getting up with a list of 5 items to be thankful for, I like that idea. Here’s my 5 for today:
1. My husband’s humor – even though he uses it on me when I’m frustrated and makes me laugh when I’m really mad, it’s still a wonderful thing! 🙂
2. My daughters – I am definitely the most blessed woman in the world to be their mom!
3. My job – I get to contribute to God’s plan for impacting the lives of thousands of teens across this nation!
4. Chocolates in my desk drawer – no explanation needed.
5. My iPod dock – music, ah, what would I do without music!
What’s your 5?