So, we watched the Top 12 on their first night on the big stage on American Idol.
Tonight was Diana Ross night on American Idol.
(Did I just find my new hairstyle? She says it’s easy….just tease it, hmmmm.)
It was obvious there were a lot of nerves. Here’s my two cents.
- Melinda Doolittle rocked the house. Love that she seems very humble and in awe of the crowd’s response.
- Chris had the most like Diana Ross hair. His version of “Endless Love” didn’t work.
- Laquisha (spelling) is also in the running, she did a great job.
- Best guy, Phil Stacey, he looks like the Newsboys lead singer…
- Blake tried to change up a Diana Ross song with beat boxing….and the dance moves, just didn’t work.
- Gina – didn’t do a great job, but it wasn’t terrible – she’s my personal favorite, but not sure if she’ll make it to the end. I like her “funky-ness”
- Wierdest comment? Simon’s “It was a little bit gooey…” What? Or maybe “When you hear a wail in Beverly Hills that is where Diana Ross is watching this show…the only similarity is the hairstyle…” and everyone thought it he meant “whale” [feedback to Sanjaya]
- Sanjaya – why is he still in the running? Probably because of his hair, but he totally wierds me out. He also is in serious need of dance lessons, at least a couple of moves beyond swiveling the feet and twisting the hips. His hair tonight – perm gone bad. He’s probably a very nice kid though.
- Bummer for the several who forgot their words. I have sympathy for them – I have a hard time remembering the words to songs when I’m nervous, too.
Do you watch American Idol? It’s okay, you can admit it publically 🙂
Who is your favorite contestant so far?