Among the “fun facts” listed on Discovery Health’s Web page devoted to the Duggars: A baby has been born in every month except June; the Duggars have gone through an estimated 90,000 diapers, and Michelle, 40, has been pregnant for 126 months — or 10.5 years — of her life.
I don’t know this family, but I’m curious to know more. I first saw them on a TLC show – they were filming the family building their own home. Here’s a few more tidbits I uncovered:
Hats off to Michelle Duggar – she’s been pregnant for 126 months of her life! She mentioned on the TLC show that she’s not always been very organized, but after 4 kids she had to learn to be….can you imagine how organized she is now managing 17 kids! I think about the triple experiences I’ve had with my kids, I can’t imagine 17!
- Think about bathroom time x 17!
- Cooking dinners for 17
- Loads of laundry x 17
- Pairs of socks needed x 17
- Storage places for toys/games x 17
- Learning to ride a bike x 17
- Going through adolescence x 17
- Dating for the first time x 17
- Learning to drive x 17
- Driving/Insurance x 17 (obviously not all at one time since some will be adults on their own while others are learning and driving)
- If I’m doing my math correctly, it’s 2,040 months of schooling just from elementary through high school! (Here’s my cheesy math formula – 17 kids x 10 months/yr school = 170 months for 1 year of schooling x 12 years of schooling = 2040 months! Note: I know I seriously lack in mathematical skills, so for all you mathematicians out there, have mercy.)
But there’s the joys, too:
- First smiles x 17
- First words x 17
- First teeth x 17
- First hugs x 17
- First snuggles x 17
- First coos x 17
- First laugher x 17
- First …..you get the picture
I’m curious, what are your thoughts as you absorb this larger than standard (by whose?) family?