I am in an unusually busy season at work – projects are facing significant roadblocks, the team is a bit discouraged, patience is running thin, hours are long, the light at the end of the tunnel seems to be the train…BUT GOD! Those words are certainly precious! In fact in the midst of this crazy business I attended a memorial service of a wonderful servant of God – Darwin Merril. The pastor, a good friend – Paul Klein – reminded everyone that often, especially in death, there seems to be no hope, but wait, in God’s word we find amazing promises that follow those wonderful words “BUT GOD” – appearing in scripture often to remind us of where our real hope always is found!
Here’s a sampling of “BUT GOD” promises!
- But God remembered Noah…Genesis 8:1
- But God said to him, “Do not be so distressed about the boy and your servant. Listen to whatever Sarah tells you, because it is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned…Genesis 21:12
- But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish…Psalm 9:18
- but God has surely listened and has heard my prayer…Psalm 66:19
- My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever…Psalm 73:26
- But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him…Acts 2:24
- “Because the patriarchs were jealous of Joseph, they sold him as a slave into Egypt. But God was with him..Acts 7:9
- But God has helped me to this very day; so I stand here and testify to small and great alike. I am saying nothing beyond what the prophets and Moses said would happen…Acts 26:22
- But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us…Romans 5:8
- But God, who comforts the downcast, comforted us…2 Corinthians 7:6
Every day is a brand new opportunity to see a “BUT GOD” moment. So, though this post is mostly a reflection of the encouragement I really needed today, maybe you needed it to! When you’re feeling overwhelmed with life…take heart and remember – BUT GOD!