This pic describes how I feel! Recipe for exhaustion:
- Sleepless night in noisy hotel room
- Wake up early to meet co-workers in lobby
- Check in to Exhibit Hall
- Schlug a bunch of boxes and suitcases to exhibit hall
- 5.5 hours of booth set up
- 2.5 hours of driving around St. Louis looking for some place to eat – less expensive than convention hall
- 2 hours of talking to people when the exhibit hall opened for round 1 of our exhibiting hours!
My body is acting like it’s 89 years old tonight – muscles that haven’t been used in 29 years got their due workout today.
I’m going to try to wind down enough to go to sleep now…wish me luck. So far I’ve had the wonderful privilege of hearing a seemingly nice guy’s phone conversation with his wife back home through my “not so thick” hotel wall. And his phone keeps ringing as other people keep calling him. Hopefully he gets tired enough to go to sleep soon – now he’s laughing his head off at something….maybe there’s a funny movie on TV – I’ll have to check it out.
Oh, and one random thing – the hotel has an inside swimming pool that ALL the rooms wrap around and look out over. There’s a bunch of pool chairs and plants…like someone would like to go lay out by the pool – but it’s INDOORS? Hope they remember to wear lightbulbscreen. Ok – that’s all the humor I’ve got tonight!
(P.S. The fun part of the day is that there were many great connections made tonight for Dare 2 Share. One really awesome youth pastor and his wife won our first Gospel Journey Adventure Kit Series and was absolutely elated – congrats to Ben and Ben’s wife!)