- 7:30 a.m. – woke up, made coffee
- 7:45 a.m. – drank coffee
- 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – finished up all the left to do cooking-ness
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 a.m. – clean up time – myself, and the kitchen.
- 1:00 p.m. – Heading over to join family and friends at my sister-in-law’s house…
Here’s what my portion of the Thanksgiving Feast looks like:
- 3 Apple Pies
- Chocolate Fudge – made by Elise
- Peanut Butter Fudge – made by Elise
- Orange juice marinated Chicken Fajitas
- Cilantro Rice
- Green Olive/Serrano Pepper Salsa
- Sour Cream
- Seven Layer Jello Salad
Whew! All’s done except the rice which I’ll make last minute so it’s piping hot.
This all adds to the Traditional Turkey-ness fixings that I described a few posts ago…I’m hungry!
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year (Christmas first, Thanksgiving second, Fourth of July third).
Here’s my thankful list that could go on forever – in random order, sort of:
- Favorite husband – Rob, life is always sweeter with him by my side
- 3 Beautiful Daughters – Robbin, Bethany, Elise
- My parents
- My siblings and their families
- My personal relationship with God
- God’s amazing grace that He pours into my undeserving life
- 2 Crazy Dogs
- Starbucks Caramel Macchiatos and Peppermint White Mochas
- Moments that come unexpectedly with each of my kids – over a phone call, or just coming to sit with me and chat
- and a whole lot more….
What are you thankful for?