Some time ago, my good friends Randy Carter and Kim Macht, and my dear husband Rob made fun of me because I mentioned that I was a country music fan. Rob wasn’t sure about that – he didn’t seem to think he ever remembered hearing me listen to country music. Well, just because he didn’t observe me listening to country music doesn’t mean that I didn’t listen to it.
Here is a sampling of a few of my favorite country artists/bands and songs I like.
- Alison Kraus & Union Station – When You Say Nothing At All
- Blackhawk – Always Have, Always Will
- Brad Paisley – She’s Everything
- Carrie Underwood – Whenever You Remember
- Dixie Chicks (I know, I know, people are frustrated with them, but I still like them!) – Wide Open Spaces
- John Michael Montgomery – The Way You Love Me
- Keith Urban – Days Go By
- Lyle Lovett (kind of folk + country) – Teach Me About Love
- Rascal Flatts – Bless the Broken Road
- Sarah Evans – Need to Be Next to You
- Shania Twain – You’re Still the One
- SHeDAISY – Without Your Love
- Sugarland – Everyday America
- Tanya Tucker – (Without You) What Do I Do With Me?
- The Wreckers – Leave the Pieces
So, for all you country music haters, so there. For my friends who like country music – what artists/bands/songs do you like?
Note: Although I do like country music, I also like a plethora of other genres…country just happens to be one of them.