So I am between jobs – as you know if you read my previous post. I purposely didn’t plan any crazy big plans this week and I’ve really been enjoying the luxury of playing everything by ear. Here’s a list of what I’ve been up to:
- Visiting the chiropractor. This has been interesting. I have been suffering from “heel-itis” which is also known to most as plantar fasciitis (PLAN-tur fas-e-I-tis). It also appears that I have several subluxations that need worked on. I’m getting used to the routine of “just relax” and then “crunching bone sounds”. It actually feels much better after an “adjustment”. And, the different treatments on my heel are actually giving me some almost pain free times on my feet! Yeah!
- Had lunch with my good friend Kim. We aren’t able to see each other as often as we’d like – so this was a treat! We laughed a ton and it was over all too quickly!
- Did some recording with my brother Mike. He’s working on a fun compilation of old hymns and needed some piano tracks and background vocals dropped in.
- Had breakfast with my “little brother” Josh. It was great to catch up on what’s going on in his life. Two words, Josh, “borrowed hope!”
- Hung out in the afternoon with Bethany – got to see her dorm apartment – it’s great! Then went downtown to grab a Starbucks and a bite to eat. It’s always fun hanging out with Beth.
- Caught up (almost) on all the DVR-ness that has been stacking up.
- Cooked a lot – Rob is getting ready for the big day – his marathon is this weekend! Pasta is the food of the day lately!
- Spending a lot of time with the newest Kelly family member – Sophie, Little Dog, Sopher Loafer, The Soph, or whatever else she gets called around here:
- Finished one book and started another one. Brewed coffee, sat in my “coffee chairs” and drank the whole pot while I luxuriously sat and read!
- Reorganized my iTunes. Apple is now back in good graces with me (see here if you hadn’t been keeping up and have a few hours, ha!) After 2 defective iPods (3 if you count the first one that went kaput, they worked it out to exchange the latest defective iPod for a new current year model! Hooray! It did require me paying for the 2 year warranty, but that worked since it appears that I might need that given my history. Rob swears I have user error issues – whatever!) I also enjoyed buying a few songs from a gift certificate from my good friend Steve Wade, or Swade as he’s called by a few.
- Had some chill time just hanging out with my mom. That’s the best!
I still have 4 days of decompressing left before I start my new job. I’m planning on enjoying every minute of it!