All day long last Friday as I told people I was attending a wedding on Halloween night I received the weirdest looks. “Who in the world get’s married on Halloween?” was the most common response. Our good friends Robby and Tatum did. Rob officiated the ceremony and I was able to go and enjoy. Most of the guests came in costume…too funny! Pippi Longstocking was there, a family of farmers, little lions and bears were running around, climbers were there with there many carabiners, and more. The wedding party was the best.
- The ring bearer wore a banana costume and danced down the aisle to the song Peanut Butter and Jelly.
- The flower girls were dressed in little maiden costumes with bare feet and came running down the aisle giggling and smiling all the way.
- The groomsmen were in kilts and suit coats with long socks and black converse tennis shoes. They sauntered in jovially down the aisle.
- The groom was in kind of a Pirate suit coat with knickers and double breasted coat with tails with the cons and long socks.
- The bridesmaids had kind of peasant/maiden dresses with ropes around their waists and bare feet.
- The bride was beautiful in a traditional bridal dress and walked in to Billy Idol’s song, “White Wedding”.
- The parents and even some of the grandparents were all in costume – in regal old fashioned royal wear with lots of gold embellishments.
It was the most fun I’ve had at a wedding in a long time! Though it was highly unconventional, the ceremony was just as touching and very honoring. While pictures were being taken, we all went downstairs where everything was decked out in great Halloween fashion with candy strewn everywhere for the guests “trick or treat” time. Then it was back upstairs for the reception.
So, for those who were skeptical, yes, it was different, but it was very fun! I tried to get a feel from Rob whether or not we should have gone in costume (we didn’t) and now I wish we had. 🙂 It definitely moves to the top as the most unusual wedding I’ve ever attended.
Congratulations, Robby and Tatum! May you live a life filled with romance adventure – you’re off to a good start!