About a month ago, my daughter Bethany and her friend David approached me about co-hosting a BCE party with them.
Sunday night we had the little party…the BCE ‘O8 party. (Best Christmas Ever) for those who need help with that! We counted a little over 80 confirmed on the guest list and they all attended and then some! It was a lot of fun. Started at 6 pm and the last guests left around 1:15 am. Whew!
The deal was that everyone had to come in tacky Christmas sweaters or attire. We had an elf, awkward sweaters, Mary and Joseph (that was awesome, Dan and Mariana!), nifty white golf pants with embroidered golfers all over them, a rug turned cape with jingle bells all over, metallic gold leggings with light up Christmas socks, puff paint sweatshirts, and more.
It was a lot of fun. We baked, then we baked, then we cooked, then we baked and cooked some more! Elise, David, Bethany, Robbin, Emma, Rushelle, Eric, Jordynn, TJ, Rob – you guys were troopers in helping me get everything ready! Jennifer, Debb, Vicky, Tara, Stormie and others who brought goodies to add – THANKS so much!
The spread/feast included:
- White Chocolate Peppermint Bark with chocolate drizzled on top
- Pigs in a blanket
- Muddy Buddies – or Puppy Chow (Chex Mix Yummies)
- Chicken Teriyaki/Pineapple Meatballs
- Queso Dip
- Oatmeal cookies
- Chocolate Chip cookies
- Peanut Butter cookies
- Oreo Truffles
- Cream cheese, sun dried tomato, pesto dip thing
- Soft sugar cookies that looked like a 2 year old decorated them – we tried hard, but then decided we’d tell everyone we meant for them to look tacky so that it would fit in with the party theme!
- Tortilla Cream Cheese, Black Olive and Diced Green Chilis roll ups
- Little baby “hamburgers” made out of peppermint patties, vanilla wafers, yellow/red frosting and sesame seeds on top – fun!
- And probably more that I am forgetting!
Monday was a recovery day, today is final shopping day, tomorrow is cinnamon roll making and Christmas Eve Services day – followed by “Whiskey Shrimp” dinner – my mom calls it “Shrimp a la Mary Stewart” I think “Whiskey Shrimp” has a better ring to it! It’s a tradition for our family for Christmas Eve…has been for years, and years, and years! Someone has to run to the liquor store this year (so if you see Rob there, know it’s for the dinner, ha!) to buy the Whiskey or kick-a-poo-joy-juice as my mom always called it!
Here’s a few pics from the crazy BCE Party:
My daughter, Elise, and our good friend Jovan Rhoades
Rob busted out the golf pants, I found this lovely number at the thrift store…he’s covering up the giant gingerbread people on my sweater. I added the earrings straight from the Christmas tree. 🙂
My daughter, Robbin and her boyfriend, Jake. Great looking couple, don’t you think?
My daughter Bethany and our friend TJ…ah the lovely metallic leggings! Tacky indeed!
I will upload more photos later…but enjoy! 2 days until Christmas, yeah!