- …yes, it’s true, as my friend Kevin pointed out, I have not blogged in a bit. I don’t think it’s as long of a blogging sabbatical as I have taken previously, but in the world of faithful everyday posters, it’s a lifetime! So, here I sit, attempting to analyze why I haven’t written and trying to think of something interesting to say.
I am tired. But it’s a good tired. It’s been slammin’ busy these past few weeks.
Oh, did I forget to mention to my blog readers (all 2 of you) that I am going on a trip to Bolivia in less than 2 weeks? Yes, that’s right, Bolivia! 🙂 That’s interesting news, right? It all came about unexpectedly, but Rob and I will be leading a group from our church – 15 in all including us – on a mission trip to LaPaz, Bolivia. We will be building classrooms at a Compassion International site.
I’ve been to LaPaz before – but it’s been over 3 decades since I was there! Apparently a few things have changed since then. 🙂 After the mission trip is over, Rob and I will remain in Bolivia for 4 more days. We will fly in to Cochabamba – which was my hometown growing up – I left there in 1982. So excited about this! Here is my list of hopeful things to do:
- Eat some crazy good food: a salteña, empanadas, peanut soup, sublimes, batones, fresh bread daily, arroz con pollo and more!
- Introduce Rob to the open market – nothing like hanging slabs of meat in the open air – if they are still around.
- Visit the Cancha and buy some cool stuff – maybe some rubber tire sandals?
- Visit Carachipampa – the school I attended from K-8th grade.
- Hang out at the New Tribes Mission home in Cala Cala – that was my home. And we get to stay there – how cool is that! I hope to see my little footprint from when I was a kid and thought I could leap across fresh poured cement that was drying by the volleyball court…I missed, but a cute little footprint was left behind!
- Breath in the Cochabamba perfect weather air. Take a walk down the avenida and enjoy the hustle and bustle of daily life.
- 4 days!!!! How can I show Rob my Bolivian life in 4 days!!!! We will probably have to go back!
More thoughts to come…