A year in Review…
- Elise’s birthday! We had a proper English tea. She invited some close friends and we had such a great time. Different teas, scones, clotted cream, lemon curd, the whole nine yards.
- Found out that we would be Bolivian bound in March, stepping in to lead the Northern Hills Mission trip to El Alto.
- Started our Lifegroup – Dine and Discover. A group of 20-somethings from theMill at Northern Hills and a bunch of other area churches. Definitely a highlight of the year. We LOVE these people and have had a blast getting to know them and walking through life together.
- Had the privilege of pre-marriage counseling with several couples – started in February and went through May. We’re so blessed by being able to invest in the lives of young couples!
- Began Heavenfest meetings. Gotta start early. 🙂
- Baby showers and birthday parties – for Jovannie as she waited to give birth to the beautiful Amelie and for Luca Wakefield – cutest little guy on the planet.
- Took part in Adoration Worship Night with a great group of friends at Highway Community Church in Boulder.
- Heavenfest fundraising dinner – a beautiful dinner with wonderful people to raise money for Heavenfest. LOVED the decorations.
- Returned to Bolivia for the first time in 28 years. Unbelievable! AND I got to introduce Rob to my hometown. Words cannot describe! You can read more about the trip here or here
- Easter celebrations
- Coffee dates and dinners with friends
- Worship at the Tent in Longmont
- Birthdays and baby showers – Mike, Tim, Vera, Ella all celebrated birthdays and Kim Eckstine had a baby shower in anticipation of her beautiful baby girl born in May.
- Weddings! Grad Parties! Wedding and Baby Showers. Babies born. Joyful celebrations all around. Congrats to Kristen and JT, John and Elizabeth, Nate and Betsy!
- Bethany had a birthday – 21 years old, woot, woot!
- Celebrated Mother’s Day with my mom – the best mom ever.
- Celebrated 25 years of marriage with the man of my dreams, Rob Kelly!
- Congrats to Mandy and Cody Bohall on 10 years of marriage!
- And more Heavenfest-ness
- Baby shower for the fabulous Emma Blue
- Birthdays and more…
- Lifegroup camping trip – I did it! Slept in a tent and had no running water for 3 days.
- Celebrated my 44th birthday
- 4th of July – didn’t get to see fireworks – instead our basement flooded due to heavy rains and a bad drain gutter above our window well.
- Got to hear my son-in-law preach for the first time. He did awesome! Very proud of him.
- Churchill played Concert in the Park for Northglenn.
- And…a little thing called Heavenfest happened! Wowza, what a weekend!
- Elise left for a week mission trip as a High School sponsor – destination Belize.
- Robbin and Jake celebrated their 1 year wedding anniversary
- Visits to Farmers Markets – the lazy days of summer
- Rob and our good friend Rick Bresina celebrated birthdays as well as a bunch of other family and friends – over 13 birthdays on the August calendar
- A great evening of music – Ray LaMontagne and David Gray at Red Rocks
- Robbin Nicole Kelly turned 24.
- More birthdays to celebrate
- A very special long weekend with our kids at the Hathoot’s cabin. Fun times of games, riding ATVs, hiking, fishing, laughing, watching Friends, watching movies, just chillin’ it was marvelous!
- Baby Showers and birthdays
- Rockies Games
- Grant writing deadlines
- Dinners and coffee dates with good friends
- Our good friends, Ron and Jane Ann Richmond (missionaries to Tanzania, Africa) moved in with us for the last three months of their furlough.
- Our son-in-law, Jake celebrated his 26th birthday.
- A quiet Thanksgiving – we didn’t do the HUGE Morarie gathering this year.
- Decorated for Christmas – one of my favorite days all year. All the kids came home, we had a big dinner together and then Christmas exploded on the scene with all the decor filling every nook and cranny. (What’s a cranny, anyway?)
- Found out that my job had ended due to lack of funding at Goals, Inc.
- Applying for jobs – trusting God with my future and for His ongoing provision. He has been good to us!
- Christmas parties – one of the best was Whiskey Shrimp night with my family, which we did instead of the big thanksgiving celebration this year. Nearly 40 of us piled in to my mom’s home for a fun night of catching up and eating delicious Whiskey Shrimp.
- Coffee and dinner with new friends.
- Jake surprised Robbin with our grand-dog – Hazel Murphy Brown. A cute but very mischievous little Puggle (Pug/Beagle mix)
- Christmas Eve celebrations – I love Christmas Eve services. 🙂
- Christmas morning – all the kids were here (even our grand-dog!) and we had so much fun. Very laid back. Everyone drew names for one other person – we bought a gift for no more than $30 and then also made a gift for our person. I made a chess set for Jake using pictures of his family and Robbin’s family as the chess pieces. We opened presents, stayed in our PJs, ate brunch, stayed in our PJs, played games, watched movies until late afternoon – all the time in our PJs. It was a wonderful time together as a family.
- New Years Eve – a quiet evening watching movies
We will miss our friends who lost their battle with cancer but are now completely whole, living with Jesus in Heaven – this side of heaven we don’t really understand, but we have hope knowing we will see them again. We love their families and pray for ongoing comfort and peace in their lives. We also celebrate all our friends who got engaged and married, had babies, and found out they will be parents for the first time.
2011 brings a whole new crop of adventures – some anticipated and some unknown, but no matter what – we serve a mighty God and are excited to see what He brings in to our lives.